Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

She keeps trying to go to the bathroom and only clear non

Customer Question
oder comes out. JA: I'll do...
she keeps trying to go to the bathroom and only clear non oder comes out.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: mucus
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: no where really when i pick her up she purrs, i have notice lately sometimes when she eats she will throw it back up but not allways
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: scrubby and she is will be 12 next month
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Scrubby?
Customer: no shes perfect lol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/29/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr Marta Lepes, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Cat Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** and I will help you.

Is the mucus coming from her rectum or her urogenital area?

Is she straining. Is she in pain then?

Does Scubby seem to be losing weight?

Kim, it's been almost an hour since you posted your question.

I do want to help you but I need you to stay near your computer so we can proceed.

Kim, perhaps you have gone to bed.

Let me make a few suggestions.

1) If the discharge is from the urogenital area Scubby should have a urinalysis and kidney function tests. Your veterinarian will decide on a course of treatment.

2) If the mucus is coming from the anus then Scubby may have a colitis.

You can try her on a diet of boiled chicken (no skin or bones) and boiled white rice. You can cook them together. Begin by feeding a teaspoon every hour until she gets about ¼ cup. You can repeat this in 12 hours.

If the mucus stops, you can do this for two more days and then gradually change her back to her usual food.

You should also have a fecal sample checked for intestinal parasites.

If she doesn't get better in a few days, if she has blood in her stool, or if the vomiting continues, you need to take her to your veterinarian. There are intestinal conditions that require testing, medication and special diets.

I hope that this information is helpful. I am logging off now, but we can continue this tomorrow if you wish

Please take a moment to rate this service.

Thank you,

Dr Marta

Hi Kim,

Hope that these suggestions have helped. Please email me here if you have any questions.

If you are satisfied with my reply please rate this service.

Thank you,

Dr Marta

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Cat Veterinarian