Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Intermittent malfunctioning left rear leg It trembles. No fall His leg sometimes slides out from under him and later...

Customer Question
Intermittent malfunctioning left rear leg...
Intermittent malfunctioning left rear leg It trembles
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No fall His leg sometimes slides out from under him and later recovers
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: We took him to vet today. He went into recovery mode and walked well About 3 hours ago. Now 8 20 here. Vet is closed
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: He is about 15 years old. A quiet patient animal. We can get him to vet again tomorrow.
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Mr. Wheedle.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/24/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Christi Belew, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian

Hello! Thank you for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with extensive experience with dogs and cats. I have a few additional questions. Any other symptoms? Changes in eating, drinking or litter box habits? Based on the initial history you have provided, I would strongly suggest you ask your veterinarian for radiographs (xrays) tomorrow. Older kitties can have severe arthritis. My goal today is to provide you with excellent service – If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What can we do next 12 hours until vet reopens? No emergency service here.

Unfortunately, I cannot give medication doses, as I have not examined your pet. I would ensure that he or she does not have access to stairs and cannot jump on any furniture that could hurt the leg further.

Given the history you provided, it only mentioned the one leg trembling. Any other symptoms?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What can we do until vet opens in 12 hours?

I cannot help you further without a response to the question "Any other symptoms?"

Christi Belew
Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian