Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Are you a real vet

Customer Question
hi are you a real...
hi are you a real vet
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/17/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

Yes, DVM from U C Davis, 1972. I hope you weren't looking for an unreal vet.

Jodie, can you upload a photo of these spots to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I suspect that you're seeing lentigines which represent benign pigmentation. Orange cats are overrepresented for lentigines on the lips. They're not pruritic (itchy) and so Tigger's rubbing is likely to represent marking behavior.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian