Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Our cat had his teeth cleaned yesterday. Also got an anti-biotic for staph (skin) infection, and a steroid shot.

Customer Question
Our cat had his teeth...
Our cat had his teeth cleaned yesterday. Also got an anti-biotic for staph (skin) infection, and a steroid shot. He was not very active last light, and now he is breathing hard - whole body moves when breathing, and breathing more rapidly than normal. His eyes are not open all the way, he doesn't want to play, tail down (and his is always up)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/11/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Katie Volat, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Cat Veterinarian

This is Dr. KV. I'm here to help with Romeo. Did he have any teeth removed yesterday?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No teeth were removed

I'm sorry to hear he is feeling out of sorts today. The good news is that Romeo is probably not painful since he did not need any dental extractions yesterday. Was he anesthetized for the cleaning? If so, most cats are usually feeling better about 24 hours after recoving from anesthesia.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's been 24 hours. His sister had the same procedure, and seems fine. He was anesthetized.

Thank you for the additional information. Cats certainly can have different temperments, which can make recovery harder for the cats who are more stressed due to the whole experience of going into the vet. If Romeo is still acting out of sorts, he may be one of those cats who has a tough time handling stressful situations. Has he eaten anything since yesterday?

I hope Romeo is feeling better today. Please take a moment to provide positive feedback if the info provided was helpful.

With appreciation,

Dr. KV

I'm just following up on our conversation about Romeo. How is everything going?

Katie Volat
Katie Volat
Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Cat Veterinarian