Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

Kitten has had 2 mucous stools : Sammie : We have several

Customer Question

Young kitten has had 2 mucous stools
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Sammie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sammie?
Customer: We have several adult cats too. Sammie has lost weight. I'm thinking worms?
JA: There are all sorts of infestations Sammie can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

HI. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Sammie. How old is he? How long have you had him? Is he still eating and drinking well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sammie is about 8 weeks. He is the kitten of one of my adult cats. He is still eating & drinking but I think he's also losing weight. His father is a lean muscular cat but he feels thin to me. I noticed the mucous stool yesterday& saw I one this morning.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Do you feel that he's eating as well as he normally does? Any recent change of diet? Has he been to the vet's office yet for his vaccines? First check up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No changes in diet no vet visit yet. I just saw him drinking water but he vomited it up a few minutes later.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Ok. That vomiting has me concerned. If he's vomiting, then there is something that is upsetting both the upper end of the intestinal tract and the lower end. Vomiting and diarrhea could be due to intestinal parasitism. With one so young, it is always the best to get your vet involved as soon as possible. They can evaluate him and look at a stool sample to see if parasitism is a part of this. If it is, then can best treat that. IF it isn't, they can then hopefully get treatment started to help him through this. IF he's starting to lose weight, then that has me doubly concerned as he doesn't have a lot of body reserves to call upon. Viral infections like panleukopenia have similar presentations to this.

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?