Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

This is a stray cat that I see sporically. I first saw m on

Customer Question

This is a stray cat that I see sporically. I first saw him on a hot day and put out wayer and a can of cat food, which he did not touch. He hangs around I believe because I also have a bird feeder and he is trying to get a bird. He is skinnyand dirty,black in color and hos tongue sticks out all the times I have seen him. He looks sick. I was reading on my porch and looked up and he was sitting at the edge of my por h. I got up slowly to get him wayer and he ran away. What do you think is wrong with this cat?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the stray cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Do not know, its a stray, but looks about a year old, skinny, that tongue out kinda scares me, as I have had cats, but they never did that. What do you think?
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the stray cat? I'll do all I can to help.
Customer: I don't know anything else, but I am an animal lover doing nothing doesn't feel right.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

How far out does the cat's tongue stick? Just the tip? 1cm or less? Does it always stick out? Does the jaw close, or does the jaw hang open? Any eye or nose discharge or sneezing? Have you ever seen him eat? Does his abdomen look distended or larger than it should be compared to his body?