Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat have loss hair on her stomach and leg and she scratch

Customer Question

my cat have loss hair on her stomach and leg and she scratch a loft she were gone for a month and when she came back she had loss he hair
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Sorry to hear about your poor cat! Firstly, what is her name and age?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
her name is ***** ***** year old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is loosing her hair and stratching
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 year ago.
That's a cute name. Can you tell me if your cat was staying at home or somewhere else while you were away? And if anything like this has happened in the past when you've gone away?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no she got out and she were gone for a month
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 year ago.
Oh, sorry. I misread the first time. I understand now. Good thing she is home now. Is she normally on any flea and parasite preventatives?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
her skin is very dry and she scratching and have some sore
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 year ago.
Oh dear. There are a number of things that come to mind when I hear this situation, which can be tricky to distinguish without being able to see and examine the animal of course. These things include the possibility that she has caught fleas or mites while being outside, or acquired injuries such as bites and scratches that are irritating her, or even behavioural issues (such as stress from being away from her comfortable home environment).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have not seen any fleas on her loft of loss hair and dry skin and sore
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 year ago.
Where abouts do you see the hairloss the most?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i guest you don't have a answer for me so my best is to take her to a vet n my area
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hair loss on her stomach leg back end
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 year ago.
I think that might be the best. I think she would definitely benefit from having a good, thorough physical exam after being gone for a month. And the vet will be able to give her some treatments to relieve and address the problem. Good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank so i wont to cancel my free trail ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry. I was trying to work out how to help. I think you will have to follow up the free trial directly with the people that run the website. I am not sure how to do that. I am just here to help answer veterinary questions.