Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Am getting bit by something i cant see and my cat and dog scratch

Customer Question

am getting bit by something i cant see and my cat and dog scratch but nothing is there?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Chris, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Fleas will bite you, your dog and your cat. You can see fleas.The canine sarcoptic mange mite will bite your dog and you and, rarely, your cat. You can't see these mites.The feline notoedric mange mite will bite your cat, your dog and you. You can't see these mites.Ticks and lice are visible and aren't considerations at this time. There's no one product and one dose of that product that you can use on both dogs and cats that effectively and safely addresses these different ectoparasites. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.