Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have adopted a kitten some where between 5 - 6 weeks old.

Customer Question

I have adopted a kitten some where between 5 - 6 weeks old. She was very active the first two days, but now she just wants to sleep all the time and is refusing to eat.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the kitten. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Cali
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cali?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.How long has she been showing signs?Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?Any coughing, sneezing, breathing changes, or discharge at her eyes or nose?Since she is very young, was she eating ok before this started?Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?Could Cali have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?Any diarrhea?