Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear about Delilah's vomiting.Is she experiencing weight loss too?Are you feeding her the same food
she was fed previously?How often is she vomiting?Is she always vomiting food, or it sometimes just liquid? Is she eating only canned food now?Is she a gobbler?Does she tend to vomit soon after eating or can it be hours later?Is she having normal stools?Any changes in treats?What have you tried to help her so far? Has anything helped, even for a short time?If she is fed primarily dry food, and she is a gobbler that tends to eat fast and then vomit soon after eating, then this may be related to her eating too fast and too much at one time. Dry food expands in the stomach, the pressure would make her feel nauseous, then she vomits some food and feels fine. The trouble with this is that frequent vomiting exposes the gastroesophageal sphincter and esophagus to stomach acid, which can damage the sphincter and lead to painful burns, which would only make her vomit more. In this case feeding a canned only sensitive stomach diet with warm water or broth added in small meals several times a day may help.I would also use an acid reducer. You can try giving either:1) Pepcid ac (famotodine) at a dose of 1/4 of a 10mg tablet per 5 to 10 pound cat every 12 to 24 hoursOR2) Prilosec (omeprazole) at a dose of 1/4 of a 10mg tablet per 5 to 10 pound cat every 24 hours.These are very safe and can be given as needed for a few weeks to allow healing. If this is something new we need to think about why she suddenly feels the urge to eat more, and faster.If she is losing weight then hyperthyroidism
, primary intestinal disease (inflammatory bowel disease or even cancer) are all possible.But if this is something that she has always done and now it is getting worse, she vomits whether she eats dry or canned and she isn't a gobbler then we need to look for diseases that cause chronic vomiting.Chronic vomiting can be related to chronic pancreatitis, esophageal reflux, a dietary allergy or sensitivity, inflammatory bowel disease, heartworm
disease, internal organ failure, hyperthyroidism, a full or partial gastrointestinal obstruction or even infiltrative cancers such as lymphoma (unlikely but possible even in a 2 year old).Ideally then she needs some testing done. I would with a complete blood count, biochemistry profile, T-4 (to check her thyroid) and a heartworm test, as vomiting is strangely one of the most common signs of heartworm disease in cats.I would also check to make sure a specific blood test for pancreatitis, a fel spec PL (feline specific pancreatic lipase). This test is highly specific for pancreatitis in cats.If those tests are done and come back normal the next step is an abdominal ultrasound and/or either exploratory surgery or endoscopy to gather biopsies of her gastrointestinal tract to look for inflammatory bowel disease or cancer. In the meantime at home in case this is simple stomach upset from eating a different food/or treats or she got into something you don't know about you can try giving her an acid reducer (the Pepcid or Prilosec as I discussed above) to see if that helps.Some kitties have a sensitive stomach. You may have tried some diet changes, but they may not have been restrictive enough. I'll make some recommendations. You could also try feeding a canned only pet store sensitive diet such as those made by Science Diet or Royal Canin.If you have tried those with no improvement then Hills i/d or Purina Veterinary Diets EN can be tried, or perhaps a hypoallergenic diet such as Hills z/d or Royal Canin Duck and Green Pea.Please let me know if you have any further questions.