Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Customer: she had kittens a week ago. today when we checked

Customer Question
on her she was away...
Customer: she had kittens a week ago. today when we checked on her she was away from her kittens and was sitting in a large puddle of urine. She moved from that place and where she sat down was a very large wet place
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: She is a stray cat and she was in to the vet on march 28. She does have hook worms, and she has had diarrear every since we found her. The vet put her on wormer, and antiboties. she was suppose to start back on wormer today. Its Sunday and vet not in office
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: do you think its a emergency or should i just take her in tomorrow?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/11/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about this mother cat. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. Is she eating and drinking? Is she taking care of the kittens? If she is leaking urine, she may have a bladder infection. It could also be due to her going back in heat; that can affect urination. Cats are usually pregnant again by the time the first litter of kittens is 6 weeks old, so it would not be unusual for her to be in heat now. Is she still on antibioitics? If so, it is less likely she has a bladder infection. If she is eating, drinking, and caring for her kittens this is probably not an emergency. Let me know what else I can help with and how she is doing.
How is your cat doing? Can I help with or answer anything else? I hope you were able to see what I wrote.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian