Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a 13yr old blue russian cat female. She has had a problem

Customer Question

I have a 13yr old blue russian cat female. She has had a problem with her left eye for about a month. It was red and watery with mucous that has grown into a bubble forming out of her eye. We took her to a vet who said the eye would need to be removed and schedulted a surgery 10 days later. In the meantime, the vet didn't do anything to help her with her eye and stated that she tried to clean the mucous and it hurt the cat so she stopped. She was sent home after receiving a shot. The eye bubble is scabbing over while tearing away her eyelid at the top, she is to miserable to move. I have a problem with doing nothing for her eye as it is. The surgery was canceled after the blood work came back due to a thyroid issue. She has medication for the thyroid but nothing for her eye. Is it normal practice to allow a tumor on an eye to fester, scab over and break back open with no kind of care?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.Do you know what type of injection she received?Are you able to take a picture of the eye and post it or attach it to your next message?