Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat is getting 3ml of medication every day in a chicken

Customer Question
Hi, my cat is getting...
Hi, my cat is getting 3ml of medication every day in a chicken flavored almond oil base. I have noticed after 6 weeks that his coat is more oily and he has developed to large bald patches behind his ears to his neck and one smaller patch on his paw. Is he getting to much oul?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/2/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Kara, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response and I would like to help if you are still interested in an opinion.I'm not sure what an "eco shot" is so I cannot comment on that.I understand that you are concerned about your fellow's oily coat and large bald patches behind his ears, and a smaller one on his paw. Given that he is taking a medication in an oil base you are wondering if that is the trouble.3mls is about 1/3 a teaspoon, so 6mls a day is only a teaspoon. The medication may have a oil base but isn't all oil. I truly don't think that amount of oil is causing his symptoms.Ringworm is certainly possible, so are allergies. Perhaps whatever illness necessitates him taking medication is affecting his skin and coat health too. But I don't believe that the small amount of almond oil is causing this, unless he is allergic to almond oil.Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Hello, I wanted to check in and see if you had any further questions after reading my response. If you do please feel free to respond with them. If not and you found my information helpful please remember to rate my response positively so I may receive credit for my work thank you, ***** *****
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian