Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I have a three year old cat He is breathing through his

Customer Question

Hi i have a three year old cat He is breathing through his mouth.He is over weight . On and off last two days.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
HI this is DRB and I would be happy to assist you with this.....there are a few things that come to mind with this but ultimately you will have to have chest radiographs (xrays) to get to the bottom of his problem.Your pet should be examined by a licensed veterinarian and have a CBC, chem panel, felv,fiv test and heratworm test and as I said chest xrays.Possibilities for what you are describing include: cardiomyopathy, asthma, heartworm and other intrathoracic pathologies. This is not something that can be helped or treated at home. This should be considered a medical emergency and your pet should be seen asap. I check my computer every night so I am available for follow up assistance after you have seen your vet. Sincerely, ***** ***** rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question and I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer. It was very help full
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. If you need further help please let me know as I am happy to answer follow up questions. I would appreciate a positive rating. Thank youPlease hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question and I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!