Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Do all cats go in heat my kitten is about 5months old and she

Customer Question

Do all cats go in heat my kitten is about 5months old and she is an inside cat
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. Yes friend, all female cats will go into heat even if they are strictly indoors and not around male cats. Going into heat for a cat is part of their estrus cycle. Cats as a species will continue to go in and out of heat until they are either bred or spayed. Typically they can start going into heat at around 6 months of age. I would strongly recommend having her spayed. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!