Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My silver chinchilla Persian has only urinsted once today

Customer Question
and it was not very...
My silver chinchilla Persian has only urinsted once today and it was not very much. She is eating and she is drinking water how much I'm not 100% sure but when I noticed st 2 pm that she had not urinsted or gone poop in her liter box I got concerned as she normally goes at least 3 to 4 times a day. What could this mean? She seems to be playing when prompted she does lay around a lot and wil play at night but all day today she seems tired but not fussy
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. Are you available for chat?

chatting online?

Ok, I need to ask you some questions.....

Is your kitty eating her normal amount?

Is her activity level normal or decreased?

Is there any vomiting or loose stool?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Her eating is so so she plays when prompted and does not have loose stools nor is she vomiting
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But does seem tired not as playful maybe

Ok, with decreased appetite and less urine production this means she is getting dehydrated. These are non specific findings and they let us know that she has a problem but it does not tell us what the problem is.... I hope that makes sense....

You need to get her to your vet asap. She needs to have a full physical, CBC, chem panel and Felv/fiv test....with a urinalysis.....

What I have explained above is what is required to find out what is wrong with your kitty.....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok since it is late in the evening is tomorrow morning to late?

How long has she been acting "off"?

Did it start today or before today?

are you there?

I am waiting for your answer.....when did your kitty first act sick?

Ok, since you are not answering I am going to opt out and allow another expert to help you. Sincerely, DRB

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just today really she is playing now with the red laser light chasing it around but I have noticed that over the last several days she is shedding more than she normally does. She isn't fussy or whinnig j

Ok, I am back....are you there?

Are you still there?

Ok, I am going to go ahead and answer your question and I hope you get it. So ideally your pet should be seen tonight but if you cannot get her in until am just get her there a soon as you can. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

I check my computer every night so if you need additional help let me know. Sincerely, DRB

I am sorry but since I am not hearing from you again, I will be forced to opt out of this question. This will allow another expert to help you.... Sincerely, DRB

Hi, it appears no other expert is helping you so I am going to leave this question open so that you can come back if you need to and get further help. I will check back with you tomorrow night to see if you need additional assisatnce. Sincerely, DRB

So, if you need me just leave your questions here and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Sincerely, DRB

I would recommend getting your kitty to the vet as soon as possible. Thank you, DRB

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I was speaking with the vet that sees her here in my home town. The 24 hr service said that since she is and will play and has urinated at least once today then she felt like we could bring her early in the morning. However , it still did not answer my question regarding how often should a cat be urinating in a day. As I mentioned she did go once today but that is it she drinks a lil and has eaten very little seems somewhat puny but still playful when prompted . My daughter was here for the Holiday and Sachie is very close to my daughter maybe she's upset that she is gone. She dies get upset from time to time when my daughter leaves but I have never noticed her not eating or urinating only once in a 24 hr period. It just seems that a cat especially should go more than the one time in 24 hrs?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will rate my experience and you as the Dr. I appreciate your time in trying to assist in my situation .

Good morning, A kitty should urinate at the very least twice in a day. Anytime a cat's behavior is even a little off it needs to be taken seriously as something that needs veterinary follow up because cats tend to hide disease very well. I wish you luck with her and I hope she feels better soon. Sincerely, ***** ***** let me know if you need additional help.

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian