Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

SORRY I MUST OF T MY KEYBOARD AND IT KNOCKED ME OFF LINE. MY

Customer Question
SORRY I MUST OF HIT...
SORRY I MUST OF HIT MY KEYBOARD AND IT KNOCKED ME OFF LINE. MY CAT IS MIMI CAN I PLEASE CONTINUE MY CONVERSATION WITH YOU? MY NAME IS***** ALSO WANT TO KNOW IS HOW CAN I MAKE HER FEEL BETTER BECAUSE SHE WAS ALWAYS AN ACTIVE CAT EVEN AT THIS AGE BUT NOW SINCE THESE DROPS SHE'S A DIFFERENT CAT.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/21/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, Alex. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

I cannot see whether you have spoke to another vet about Mimi already. Can you please tell me which vet you spoke to (so I can send a note for them to contact you)?

Otherwise, if you did wish to discuss Mimi with me, can you tell me about her ongoing health issues?

What changes are you seeing specifically?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THANK YOU. THIS LAST TIME WAS MY 3RD TIME I'M TRYING TO CONNECT WITH SOMEONE AND I'M NOT SURE WHO HAS MY INITIAL QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS. BUT IF YOU HAVE MY INITIAL QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND IF NOT DO YOU WANT ME TO JUST TELL U? I AM VERY CONCERNED AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ASAP WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP HER?

You are very welcome,

No worries. In that case, if you just want to let me know more about Mimi's ongoing issues and the signs you are seeing, I am happy to help you.

Dr. B.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SHE HAS GLUCOMA IN HER LEFT EYE AND I TOOK HER TO THE EYE DR SO HE GAVE ME THESE DROPS TO GIVE MIMI. I GAVE IT TO HER ONLY TWICE AS SHE SINCE HAD CHANGED TOWARDS ME AS IF SHE DIDN'T TRUST ME AS MUCH. ALSO HER OVERALL ACTIVE SELF HAS DRAMATICALLY DECLINED. I WENT BACK TO THE DR AND TOLD HIM HOW SHE HAS REACTED AND HE TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD CONTINUE MORE REGULARLY. I'VE TRIED TWICE SINCE THIS PAST FRIDAY AND I TELL YOU NO WONDER SHE IS NOT ACTING RIGHT BECAUSE AS I PICKED HER UP SHE WAS DROLING SALIVA BIG TIME, SHES ALERGIC SO I STOPPED BUT NOW THE EYE IS WORSE AND I'M NOIT SURE WHAT TO DO.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HEY DR B, YOU BLOW ME OFF AND TELL ME JUST 28 DOLLARS FOR WHAT? IM GOING NUTS AS IT IS SO NOW BECAUSE I TYPE SLOW YOU JUST SAY GO GET ON A PHONE CALL AND PAY 28 DOLLARS PLUS WHATEVER THE CALL WILL BE. THIS IS THE FOURTH TIME I NEED TO TYPE SOMETHING THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY CATS HEATH!!! HYPOCRIT!!!

Hi again,

I am actually in the midst of typing my reply but your multiple replies are blocking me. Otherwise, I made no mention of phones at all, as the phone offer is just an automatic one with the website. So, if you give me a moment, I will retype my reply and post it here for you.

Dr. B.

Thank you for being patient and allowing me to type my full reply to you Alex.

Now I actually share your concern about Mimi.

Her signs towards you are likely related to her not being keen to be treated with eye drops (very few cats like this), but the drooling does make me concerned. This is because Dorzolamide especially can cause nausea and GI upset in cats. And often nauseous cats will drool, be lethargic and if severe enough can lead to appetite loss, vomiting, and even belly cramps. All of which could make her feel unwell. Furthermore, if she is sensitive to the Timolol it could affect her breathing and heart rate (less likely here).

Therefore, while you are saying unkind things to me, I am actually someone who is concerned about your cat. And because she has glaucoma and we have to tread with care with her, we'd need to speak to her vet about alternative drops that she will tolerate better and would also want to consider having them treat her for the nausea triggering her drooling to get her settled and feeling more like herself.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

Cat Veterinarian: Miel-cssm,
 replied 1 year ago
Miel-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/cat-health/9lvk1-sorry-hit-keyboard-knocked-off-line.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

HI this is DRB. Did you still need help with Mimi?

Ok, since you are not responding I am going to opt out and allow another expert to help you...DRB

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian