Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat has been vomiting since this morning after eating or

Customer Question
drinking water. We think...
My cat has been vomiting since this morning after eating or drinking water. We think she may have swallow a ear pugs or a small toy. We brought her to the vet emergency and waited for two hours and decided to leave. We want to bring her in first thing tomorrow morning. My question is; can she wait till then or is this a dire emergency?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/21/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Hello and welcome, I am Dr B and would like to help you today.As long as she hasn't any belly pain, no paling of her gums and her vomit doesn't look like coffee grounds ( a sign of stomach bleeds), then you can monitor with a view to seeing her vet as soon as they open. If you do so, we will want to rest her stomach overnight ( no food but sips of water can be tried) so that there is no delay in their sedating her for an x-ray or surgery if needed.
Please take care,
Dr B
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian