Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Peggy. spayed cat friday morning. meows constantly. eats.

Customer Question
Customer: peggy. spayed cat friday...
Customer: peggy. spayed cat friday morning. meows constantly. eats. but meows one time after another. ???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: female cat spayed friday morning. came home from vet today. meows constantly. eats. why meowing?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/20/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Does she meow while wandering around the house?

Does she seem comfortable or sore at all?

How old is she?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she lives in an enclosed lot outside. as previously stated, she is eating and normal otherwise. she's appx 2 yrs old.she meows constantly . we brought h er inside last night .stsyed in large crate. stayed with her most of night. she slept some.

Thank you,

If she is kept outside but was brought inside, when was she meowing? When she is in or out? Both?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she lives outside in her cat lot. we just brought her inside last night due to cold weather and how she was meowing.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
meowing outside and inside in crate.

Thank you,

If she is meowing in both locations, then the behavior is likely due to either discomfort post surgery or stress secondary to all the recent life changes (surgery, indoors, etc). In regards ***** ***** former, we'd want to consider ringing her vet for cat safe pain relief if she is not on this already. Otherwise, we can try her with a feline de-stressing treatment to see if we can get her to settle. If she is indoors mostly now, you can use Feliway, (also known as Comfort Zone in the pet stores) which is a synthetic cat pheromone that helps to relieve stress. This can be used as a spray or a plug-in diffuser. Or if she is still out in the lot for the most part, there are collar preparations that could be used. Otherwise, you could start her on the Calm diet by Royal Canin. This contains a number of supplements that have been found to provide stress relief to cats. As well, there are nutritional supplements like Zylkene and Kalmaid to soothe anxious cats that could also be used here. And as they are not drugs per say, they can be used together as needed.

Overall, given her history and age, stress and possible discomfort would be our two suspects here. Therefore, do ring her vet if she wasn't sent home with pain relief but otherwise consider the above to help her settle after what would have been a major stressor for her.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian