Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

I have 1yr and 3 month old cat that is pregnant. She lost

Customer Question

I have 1yr and 3 month old cat that is pregnant. She lost quite a bit of clear/yellow fluid over six days ago but has not birthed any kittens. Her sister from the same litterror birthdays kittens 2 weeks ago, do I need a vet or is it common to lose the fluid and not to deliver right away? She is acting completely normal, walking, running jumping eating using the restroom? Thank you for ur answer.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Gracie. That is good that she's acting completely normal, walking, running, jumping, eating and using the bathroom normal. As far her having all this fluid that was lost 6 days ago, that wouldn't be common for a pregnant female to do that and then not be delivering close to that time frame. Could this clear / yellow fluid have been urine or something vomited up? If it wasn't specifically seen coming from the vaginal area, then that is a question that gets brought up. What would be a great idea here is to have your vet check her over to see if anything of concern is going on. It would be nice to have an x-ray taken to try and get a kitten count. This is very beneficial to know how many kittens she has to have when birthing starts.

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tracey,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Gracie. How is everything going?