Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

One side of her nose is swollen. didn't notice it last

Customer Question

Customer: one side of her nose is swollen. didn't notice it last night, only this morning
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Jax, he's 6
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jax?
Customer: there's a new dog in the house so he's a bit stressed but not too bad. he also sneezes quite often
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: just a moment please. how does this work? and what are the cost you're talking about? I do want to go see a veterinarian in the neighborhood.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Jax. How long has he been sneezing, please? Does he have access to other cats who may have bitten him? Can you upload a close-up photo(s) of his nose to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

Sneezing with swelling of the bridge of the nose can indicate a fungal infection called cryptococcosis. Sneezing alone is often due to the feline herpesvirus (FHV-1) although there are other infectious agents to consider as well. Is the swelling inside his nostril or does it involve the bridge of his nose? A photo will be very helpful.