Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My name is ***** *****...and I have a 6 month old guinea pig…

Customer Question
HEllo.... my name is...

HEllo.... my name is ***** *****...and I have a 6 month old guinea pig that is lathargic and making a noise every once in awhile likes she's in pain???

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

She is usually very active, a strong eater and drinker.. but she wants to do nothing and I have checked eyes, nose etc.. all those are clear.. she is NOT making any breathing noises and her rate of breathing seems a tad slow.. but the one thing she does is make one "distress" squeal and raises up suggesting pulses of pain???

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/8/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Has she been eating/drinking? Passing normal urine and feces?

Does she seem distended or tender when you press on her belly?

Can she move normally (if prompted if she is lethargic)?