Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Is this free? large growth, draining fluid with blood, then…

Customer Question
Is this free? Veterinarian's...

Is this free?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Large growth, draining fluid with blood, then just blood, now has stopped all discharge and feels deflated

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/6/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago
Drhollowayvet

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. I understand you have a pet with a draining growth it seems. Growths that drain this way are either seroma's (blood filled sacs due to trauma in that area, usually this occurs around a bony part of the body such as the hips or facial bones) or abscesses (bacterial filled sacs that drain brownish red fluid and can have a blood drainage as well).

In order to differentiate which one may be present with your pet and how to best proceed I would like to view a picture of the area so that I can see what you see. You can take a pic with your smartphone, email to yourself, download it then post here using the add files link in the toolbar just above the chat box. Or you may be able to add it directly from your phone library. Let me know if you need further assistance.

- Dr. H