Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Are there any house plants I can have that cats won't go…

Customer Question
Are there any house plants...
Are there any house plants I can have that cats won't go near or touch?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/3/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago
Drhollowayvet

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short.

I will do my very best to assist you with this question. But I must be honest here. All cats are so very curious and you will be hard pressed to prevent your kitties from touching your indoor plants. Unless of course you set up a booby trap (motion detector sprayer) around the plant in question.

There is an extensive list of plants that are safe and those that are not through the ASPCA Pet poison website @ https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/cats-plant-list

- Dr. H

Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

So instead of the impossible task of finding a plant that a cat won't touch. I think the big key here is to find an area of the house that can be set up in a way that the cats a) can't get to it or b) have a deterrent to keep them away from it. This is where the booby trap system comes into play. It is a motion detector that will spray water if the cat crosses a certain area.

- Dr. H

Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

Because in all honesty, if you find a plant that a cat won't touch it usually means its because it either tastes bad to them (which is very subjective) or it is toxic even in small quantities.

- Dr. H

Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

I see you are able to view my responses. Do you have anything to add here? Or any questions so far?

- Dr. H

Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

If you are having trouble replying to the chat, please go to justanswer customer support page through this link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Hopefully you can connect soon and we can continue the conversation.

- Dr. H

I appreciate your quick response. Thank you. But I will not use this site again. I could have asked my vet for free. Just wasted my money.
Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok sorry I was not able to assist you properly. Would you like for me to send your request through for a full refund?

- Dr. H

Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

There is a money back guarantee that the site upholds to I believe. If you feel your time was wasted here I can ask them to issue you a refund no problem. Again, sorry if you were having issues using the site and I hope that your vet can help you with your question. Just let me know how you would like to proceed.

- Dr. H

please. I would appreciate a refund. And I thank you for this. Thank you for your support.
Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok I will send the request through. Best of luck with your kitties and have a good day.

- Dr. H

Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok I have send your refund request through. You should be getting something from justanswer customer support soon. Not sure how long this will take but if you have any further questions about the refund I would recommend using the link that I provided above.

- Dr. H