Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have no other way to respond to prior questions you asked…

Customer Question
I have no other way...
I have no other way to respond to prior questions you asked a)he has had lump two days and b he does lick it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
3/2/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Friend, if the lump just showed up in the last two days this is likely something like: An abscess (infection), a soft tissue injury, cyst, etc. to name a few causes. The fact that he is reluctant to use the limb this will place things like an abscess or injury high on the list of possible causes.

In this case, I would strongly recommend a hands on examination with family veterinarian. If it is an abscess it may need to be drained by family vet, in addition start him on oral antibiotics. If cost is a concern look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost. In the meantime it is important that you stop him from licking or he is going to make it worst. Pick up an ecollar (cone) in your local pet store to stop him from licking. Do Not let him go outside with the ecollar on.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

I'm just following up on our conversation about Tommy. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter