Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Is bamboo poisonous to cats?

Customer Question

Is bamboo poisonous to cats?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, our common bamboo plants of the species Phyllostachys are not toxic for cats and not a worry if they give them a chew. That said, if you are referring to "lucky bamboo" (Dracaena spp.), this is not cat friendly and can cause GI upset, appetite loss, lethargy, drooling and dilate the pupils. So, that one must be kept out of reach.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

**Please do make sure to rate my answer, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you (this is at no extra cost to what you have paid already).IF you have any lingering questions, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)