Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My 9 year old cat has a ridge on the back of s head that

Customer Question

Customer: hi'my 9 year old cat has a ridge on the back of his head that seems to have gotten larger
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Lucas
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucas?
Customer: or Lukie as we call him
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I believe you're referring to the normal occipital ridge which appears to enlarge when musculature that surrounds it shrinks. This might occur secondary to starvation or any disease process in which muscle wasting occurs. Can you upload a photo(s) of this ridge to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate if Ican see what you're seeing.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?