Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is only year old and latly it has been acting weird.

Customer Question
My cat is young only...
My cat is young only year old and latly it has been acting weird . she is in need of more attention then normal, putting her butt in the air and making cat noises. Spending alot time tubing HP to things and crying. She's well feed and water bowl is full.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/28/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Rosie_MRCVS, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rosie_MRCVS
Rosie_MRCVS, Cat Veterinarian

Hi I'm Rosie one of the vets and I'd like to try and help you and Moon Child. If she hasn't been spayed (neutered) then it rather sounds like she is in season. Everything that you are describing matches a cat in season - she is looking for a mate (which is why she is making those awful noises). The good news is that this is entirely normal, and won't hurt her at all. The bad news is that this will repeatedly happen all Spring and Summer as cats come into season depending on the time of year. This can get a bit annoying from your point of view To make her (and your) life easier, I strongly recommend you get her spayed. This is a very simple operation which will stop her coming into season in the future, and will also stop her having kittens if she accidentally gets out and mates with a male cat.

If she has been spayed already get back to me and I will need some further information as to what's going on with her.

I hope the above helps - if you have any questions or need clarification then just get back to me. Otherwise, if you have found this useful, please leave a positive rating. Thank you, ***** ***** luck, Rosie.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Moon Child. How is everything going?
Rosie_MRCVS
Rosie_MRCVS
Rosie_MRCVS
Rosie_MRCVS, Cat Veterinarian