Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is 15 yrs old. He has lost a lot of weigh, throws up…

Customer Question
my cat is 15 yrs...
my cat is 15 yrs old. He has lost a lot of weigh, throws up more3 than usual. Some days he will just eat a couple bites of food. He seems weak, and looks like he can hardly move..is it time to let him go?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/27/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has he been losing weight and vomiting more?

What food is he on just now?

Does he have any gagging, retching, drooling, or lip licking?

Does he look like its difficult or sore for him to eat?

What tests did his vet do? Just a stool test?

What was the medication they gave?