Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat is throwing up and mostly dry food I had her on

Customer Question

Good morning my cat is throwing up and mostly dry food I had her on antibiotic for her liver and since she took them after 13 days she been throwing up ...my vet gave her 2 shots for her belly and did blood work and said everything was normal....she is also a diabetic cat and gets one unit of insulin twice a day....she wants to eat....she eats her moist food with the shots and I leave dry out for the cats (I have 2) is there anything I can give her over the counter for her belly? I can not keep affording to take her to the vets?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

When did she last have those shots? Do you know what was given specifically?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on wednesday feb. 17 and no i don't know
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

No worries,

If they were given that long ago, they will be out of her system anyway and not actively helping with any nausea. Therefore, in that case, I would suggest starting her on a low dose of Pepcid/Famotidine (More Info/Dose @http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid). This is available over the counter at most pharmacies and even grocery stores. We often use this in cats and its safe if she is a diabetic. Ranitidine would be another option but since human preparations are quite high dose, we'd need to consider ringing her vet about dispensing the low dose liquid version (which if they've just seen her, they should have no qualms doing so) if you wanted to use that. But those 2 would be ideal here to see if we can soothe her nausea and help get her eating properly.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’llbe happy to respond. *Please rememberto rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is theonly way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

**Please do make sure to rate my answer, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you (there is no extra charge to do so). If you have any lingering questions, please just let me know. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my account as of now.