Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

She lost alot of hair due to fleas. She is now taking a safe

Customer Question

Customer: She lost alot of hair due to fleas. She is now taking a safe anti flea tablet that has a safe amount of garlic to get rid of the fleas. She has many allergies and get shots every 4 months. Will she grow her hair back, she is part Maine Coon and looks very funny with a fluffy neck and head and very little hair on her back and tail.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Captain and only has one good eye because of a virus her mother had when she was born. I had her eye operated on but she only kept the sight in the one eye for a week.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Captain?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that Captain lost an eye and now all her hair.

Usually once you treat for the fleas and the allergies, the hair does grow back, but it can take 1 to 3 months. If it does not grow back, you may want to check for hormone imbalances causing her hair loss.

Melatonin may help grow new hair: 3 mg daily.

Let me know if this is helpful and what else I can answer. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I hope you could see my answer. Can I help with or answer anything else?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?