Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My 9 year old very active cat who goes indoors and out has

Customer Question
stayed in for 2 days...
My 9 year old very active cat who goes indoors and out has stayed in for 2 days now obviously not himself . .. normally very active now just laying around sleeping mostly. Always sleeps on our bed . .. stayed in the closet last night. He has vomited 3 times today and . . 2 times looked like undigested food and the last time a small amount of mucus that looks a bit pink .. as if tainted by blood. What should I do? It is Saturday night and our Veterinary clinic doesn't open until Monday. Should I take him to an emergency pet clinic?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/21/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. I'm sorry your cat is in this position. I really think it's time to go to the emergency vet. Normally a little lethargy and vomiting is not an emergency but the pink tinge can indicate some serious problems. I think the emergency vet is a good idea because at a minimum they will stop the vomiting and make him feel better. At best they may find a serious ulcer or other problem that could potentially save his life. A little pink tinge in the vomit should not be ignored. I'd take him in tonight. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. Dr. Dan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian