Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My cat got hold of one of the bug killing packs Combat

Customer Question

Playing with it when I found the pack it had claw and possible teeth marks. It's been a couple days now he has trouble urnines & that's throw up . The pack did not look like he could have eaten any of what is inside the way it's made bite could have gotten sm amount maybe on tips of claws .gave him some milk, which he drank. He licks himself & urnines very little amts. he is a big eater he just looked at it this morning. Please help!
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. Can you tel me the active ingredient in the Combat packet? What is he showing as far as clinical signs now? Is he vomiting? Is he straining to urinate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He vomited one time which looked like everything in his stomach and now he does strain to to urinate which he will just go anywhere he can. Ingredients: fipronil 0.01
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. The good news is that the fipronil in the packet shouldn't be a problem. That is actually the drug that is in the flea preventative Frontline. It would be more worrisome if she ate the actual packaging. The concern here is the straining to urinate. That could be due to a urinary tract infection or blockage. Is he acting painful in his belly? Is he crying when straining to urinate? If he is, then a blockage would be really worrisome and needs inmediate care from your vet.

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?