Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Sneezing, watery eyes, lethargic
, Piccolo, he is

Customer Question
Sneezing, watery eyes, lethargic...

Sneezing, watery eyes, lethargic

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Piccolo, he is almost a year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Piccolo?

He is strictly indoors, my older cat got sick with same thing a couple of weeks ago. I took him to the vet and they gave him a shot of antibiotics and he cleared up, but now younger cat has it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/17/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is Pucci strictly indoors?

2- Any nasal discharge?

3- Is he eating and drinking?

clear nasal discharge, he is eating and drinking.
he is strictly indoors.

Friend, it sounds like Piccolo has a respiratory infection very similar to your other cat. Likely he picked it up from the other cat. He will need to be seen by family veterinarian for antibiotics. In the meantime you can open the hot water in your bathroom and allow him to breath the vapor/steam for 3-5 minutes to clear his nasal passages; this will also help with the sneezing.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian