Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My sweet cat of two years was chased by my big Ragdoll cat

Customer Question

My sweet cat of two years was chased by my big Ragdoll cat and will not come out of hiding. It has been a week. I know where she is and have given her food but she seems to have lost her spirit
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. There are a couple of things that could be going on here. First Lulu could have a hidden illness and this may be why your other kitty is not being very nice to her. So I would definitely consider taking her in to your vet and having her checked out thoroughly. I would have a physical exam and at least some basic bloodwork along with a felv/fiv test.

The other possibility is that cat social dynamics in your house could be changing. This sometimes does happen. The other thing to try is to have your big cat put on fluoxetine for his behavior and then Lulu put on some buspirone once you know she is healthy for the resulting anxiety.

For now,the best thing you can do for Lulu is give her a room in your house to herself until you can get both of them to your vet. She will be much more comfortable once she knows that our big cat cannot get to her at all. Give her food and water and her own litter box in a room to herself.

I hope this helps you but please let me know if you have additional questions as I check my computer every night. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!!

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely,DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know If I can assist you further. Sincerely, DRB