Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We few kids in the house yesterday and I think one boy step…

Customer Question
hello we few kids in...
hello we few kids in the house yesterday and I think one boy step on one of our cats and now he can't lift his body up. what can we do or give him?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/15/2016
Cat Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

If your cat is experiencing those types of symptoms, he should definitely be evaluated by a veterinarian right away. He may have experienced a fracture or an internal injury and that can be very serious if not identified.

I would not advise that you give him anything that you may have access to for pain. There really are no safe over the counter pain medications for cats.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z