Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My kitty has these raised bumps in the center of s back that…

Customer Question
My kitty has these...

My kitty has these raised bumps in the center of his back that are pink and rather hard to the touch.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?

He's full grown. His name is Beattie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Beattie?

He's morbidly obese, has a history of gastrointestinal issues as well as UTI's. He also has been diagnosed with fatty tumors near his spine and is pre-diabetic.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/15/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How old is he?

How long has he had these?

Do they look like pimples with white heads or flesh colored ones?

Are they itchy for him? Does he rub, groom, or itch them?

When did you last treat for fleas? What did you use?

Any diet change in the past 4-6 weeks?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.