Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has had a serious skin disease, where the skin on s…

Customer Question
My cat has had a...
My cat has had a serious skin disease, where the skin on his head apparently itched and the cat scratched it until it turned into scabs and eventually came off. New skin underneath has grown back, but the problem spread down it's whole head to his neck.
He finally stopped eating. I was able to find some Zeniquin that was left from another
cat and gave 1/4 tablet of that twice a day for about 3 days. I have also given him chicken soup as much as he would take. He seemed to rally and was able to get up and get to his food dish and also drink water, but I ran out of the medicine today and now he is back to not eating or drinking. I cannot afford to take him to the vet. I still owe $3000 from previous cat bills. Can I get a prescription for some amoxycillin or some more zeniquin or the equivalent without taking him to a vet?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/14/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 2 years ago
Ola Barrett

Hello I am Dr RB and I am a small animal veterinarian. This sound sound like a severe allergic dermatitis (secondary to flea, food allergy or inhalant allergy) within development of infection from self-trauma. Unfortunately, no prescription can be written for you with a patient-client relationship and a veterinarian performing a physical exam on your pet. If you veterinarian has treated your cat previously for skin infection, he/she may reduce the cost for a recheck exam and diagnositics.. I hope this advice is helpful to you. However, let me know if you have other questions or need clarification on any of this. Also, if my advice as helpful to you, please take the time to rate my response positively:)

Cat Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 2 years ago

Hello, I am just checking in to see how your cat is doing today? If my response was helpful to you, please take the time to rate my answer positively so I may be compensated for my professional time? Thanks..

Cat Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 2 years ago
Hi Jeani,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Ola Barrett