Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My cat has had unexplained vomiting and loose stool past 5

Customer Question

Customer: My cat has had unexplained vomiting and loose stool for the past 5 years. She is now 13 years old. All blood work comes back normal and ultrasound shows some inflammation where the large and small bowel intersect. The vet gives her a shot of prednisone which seems to help for a little while. This time its not working as well as in the past. I thought she had a few accidents but I just saw her vomiting and it had a very bad odor - like really stinky feces. It was dark army green in color
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My cat has had unexplained vomiting and loose stool for the past 5 years. She is now 13 years old. All blood work comes back normal and ultrasound shows some inflammation where the large and small bowel intersect. The vet gives her a shot of prednisone which seems to help for a little while. This time its not working as well as in the past. I thought she had a few accidents but I just saw her vomiting and it had a very bad odor - like really stinky feces. It was dark army green in colorRead more: http://www.justanswer.com/cat-health/4cspc-cat-vomiting-smells-poop-fact-thought.html#ixzz405rrPM00
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you....your kitty likely has inflammatory bowel disease......and would do much better on compounded oral budesonide and oral flagyl as well as a food consistent with treating inflammatory bowel disease. Injectable steroids are not the best treatment for this disease. Many cases of IBD need to be treated more aggressively and more specifically than the treatment your kitty has had. I would suggest that you take her back to your vet and ask for the above treatments and after she has been on these treatments for a few weeks I bet you will get a better response.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!!

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you have any questions. I will check back tonight. Please feel free to leave any further questions or concerns here. Sincerely,DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI, just checking back in to see if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B