Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is scratching a spot on her back, right below her…

Customer Question
My cat is scratching a...
My cat is scratching a spot on her back, right below her neck. It seemed to be getting better but is bleeding again. The fur around the area has fallen out. How can I get her to stop scratching and let it heal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/11/2016
Cat Veterinarian: stacydvm,
 replied 2 years ago
stacydvm

Can you do the t shirt along with an e a collar (cone) around her head to prevent her from getting the shirt off? And using some hydro cortisone cream may help with the itchiness

She has hidden the shirt from me, I can't find it anywhere. Would you recommend claw covers?
Cat Veterinarian: stacydvm,
 replied 2 years ago

Yes, soft paws may help! Try to purchase a baby onesie, may stay on better!

That's what I bought and cut off the snap part. She is Houdini. I'll try to put the claw covers on since I can't find the shirt. Thank you!
Cat Veterinarian: stacydvm,
 replied 2 years ago

Good luck!