Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We took in an a banned cat. She often walks around in a

Customer Question
crouched position, cooing or crying...
We took in an a banned cat. She often walks around in a crouched position, cooing or crying. We took her to the vet and he said she was in good health. Why is she walking around like that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/4/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she always walking like that or this comes and goes?

2- How old is she?

3- Is she spayed?

Not sure of age. She is small and looks to be less than a year. She was abonded. It comes and goes and goes but is most of the time. The vet we took her to shaved her stomach and could not find a scar.
ßhe walks around wining all the time.

When she is walking like that does she cry at the same time?

constantly

1- Then she goes back to normal, correct?

Friend, the symptoms/behavior and history you are describing are consistent with your cat being in heat. Cats are a little different than most mammals in that they can go in and out of heat during a +/-3 week period until she is bred. The way she is walking and being vocalized is in attempt to look for a male to breed. I would recommend you discuss with your vet about taking her into surgery to get her spayed. Please follow the link below to learn more about estrus in cats.

http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet-health-information/article/animal-health/estrus-cycles-in-cats/5635

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Please read the response above. If you have additional questions please reply.

Where is the response?

I am sorry, it seems we had an issue with the site. I will repeat it below: