Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

What are tinnia? I think this spelled right? My kitty has…

Customer Question
What are tinnia? I think...
What are tinnia? I think this spelled right? My kitty has little bumps around the base of her neck? I think they itch..she has a runny nose too?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/3/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she strictly indoors?

2- Do you mean Tinea the fungal infection that humans get?

She is an indoor kitty..mostly. I take her out on her harness with me but she has been out for 2 months. I do mean tinea...I had a kitty in the past that had tinea diagnosed by a kitty dermatologist specialist. So, I'm concerned...the bumps showed up today and seem to be a little worse tonight...they seem itchy...her nose is moist and a little runny..I noticed that there is mild forming outside my windows but they are sealed and I am allergic to mold and am not reacting. She seems a little skinnier this week but her appetite is just as healthy..

Friend, I am going to opt out and allow another expert to comment. I don't think I would be of much help in this case without a hands on examination, I am sorry.

Well..I thought as much. I guess it's time for a trip to the vet. Darn.
No info and $31..really? Oh well.
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian