Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I'm ***** ***** Winfree and I have a 15 yr. old cat that is

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** ***** Winfree and I have a 15 yr. old cat that is active and eats very well. I have been giving her L-lysine from my vet for her eye herpes but now her eyes are leaking blood. She will be treated for her tapeworm next month but I can't possibly take her in this month with no money.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, her eyes frequently water and I don't know now if it's just water or blood I'm very concerned. She was a rescue cat and now I'm on disability she does not get her shots but she is not allowed to go outside where I am.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I am
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: i have no money on my card. That won't work.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your cat. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

You can get tapeworm medication for cats over the counter now. A wormer containing the ingredient praziquantel will treat tapeworm:

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Tape+Worm+Tabs+Cat-prod10415.html

Or it can be found in pet stores.

You can also (unless you live in California) get an eye ointment called Terramycin over the counter or online. It is an antibiotic as well as being anti inflammatory and may help with her eye condition until you can get her checked out

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Terramycin+Ophthalmic-prod10190.html

Let me know what other questions you have about her and if this was helpful.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is your cat? Can I answer anything else? I hope hope you were able to see my answer.