Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 15 yr old female cat is sick. She was in and out of her…

Customer Question
Hi, My 15 yr old female...
My 15 yr old female cat is sick. She was in and out of her litter box for last few hours. There is a bloody water dripping out of her, can't really tell if it is from her anus or urethra. Can she wait for a vet visit until morning? It's 1:30am now.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
2/1/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago
Drhollowayvet

Hello this is Dr. Holloway, but you can call me Dr. H for short.

It sounds like Kicia could have either a possible UTI or a condition called FLUTD (feline lower urinary tract disease). These both are typically not emergency situations and she can wait until the morning for treatment.

Also to differentiate where the blood may be coming from you can use a paper tower or tissue to dab her vaginal area after she makes a trip to the litterbox to ensure it is coming from there and not her anal area - Dr. H

Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

Hello Dzidka, this is Dr. Holloway again. I have not received a reply from you concerning your sick kitty and I wanted to check on you again to see if you needed any further assistance.

I see you have not yet viewed my response, and I hope you are not experiencing any technical difficulties with using the site. If you wish to continue the conversation, please type in the chat box below and hit the green "Send button on the bottom right corner. I will keep an eye out for your response.

Thanks! - Dr. H

Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago
Hi Dzidka,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
JACUSTOMER-es3uf4l7-