Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat just turned a year old. past week I've noticed that…

Customer Question
My cat just turned a...
My cat just turned a year old. For the past week I've noticed that she has been breathing rapidly with mouth closed, her back twitches sometimes, has developed dandruff, and sleeps almost all day. She hasn't been eating as much as she used to nor is she rambunctious like she used to be. What do you think might be wrong with her? She was tested for leukemia and it came back negative.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/29/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago
Drhollowayvet

Hi my name is***** and I am licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question, but first I would like to ask you a few questions so that I am well informed about your pets’ situation and can give you the best advice possible.

Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

Did the vet happen to run a full panel bloodwork on Graycee or just the Felv test?

Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello, I am afraid that the expert who contacted you initially has gone offline. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you if you do still need assistance.

Further to Dr. Holloway's question about further blood testing, can you tell me if Graycee's gums are pink or pale/white?

Did her vet mention any heart murmurs or abnormalities when they listened to her lungs and chest?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?