Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is biting/pulling out hair

Customer Question
My cat is biting/pulling out hair
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
I can't stay on much longer
1/29/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to assist you with this. There are many things that can cause this.......it is always wise to have a CBC, chem,lyte panel, and T4 done to rule out any type of endocrine or metabolic disease. If the bloodwork is clear then I would recommend a food trial with science diet ZD low allergen food as food allergy is a very common cause of this type of behavior. The food trial would have to be 12 weeks long and could not involve the feeding of any other foods. Also environmental allergy can also cause this......

I was busy preparing your answer.....after you read please let me know if you have any other questions.....I am waiting in case you have more questions.....

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

I have given you all the possibilities that can cause this....there is no way to know which cause without going through this step by step...

Do you have any other questions?

I am going to assume you are offline but if you have any other questions please let me know.

And Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Can I answer any other questions for you or help you further?

Sincerely, DRB