Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My older cat has ear mites really bad and my other cat is…

Customer Question
My older cat has ear...
My older cat has ear mites really bad and my other cat is getting them, plus my older one needs a nail trimming. I'm on SSI have a toddler, rent and bills to pay I need advice on either what to do or the lowest cost vet in my area. Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/28/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. First you can order over the counter ear mite treatments but you can also go to a feed store and get cattle injectable ivermectin (Ivomec). You would need a syringe ( a 1 ml syringe) and you can pull up the ivomec into the syringe and place 1 drop in each ear of your cats. You can do this once monthly until the mites are totally gone. This is off label use of this product but does not require a prescription and is very effective. Just make sure not to use more than 1 drop per ear as it can be toxic. You can also buy nail trimmers at pet store and watch you tube video on how to trim your cats nails. I hope this helps you but let me know if you need additional helps as I check my computer every night. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Can I answer any other questions for you or help you further?

Sincerely, DRB