Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Lasse. It's regarding my cat
, He had gh fever days,

Customer Question

Customer: hi, Lasse. It's regarding my cat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He had high fever for 2 days, didnt move/eat/drink, just slept and could barely open his eyes. We took him to the vet and they took blood tests etc and gave him antibiotics/salt water directly in his paw since he didnt drink himself we got result today and they say he has "bone marrow/gut infection" and low platelets, white/red blood cells
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** and I am licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question, but first I would like to ask you a few questions so that I am well informed about your pets’ situation and can give you the best advice possible.

Poor cat! It is tough dealing with sick kitties. How old is your kitty? And is he vaccinated for FeLV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 years old very soon.He should be vaccinated for FeLV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
infection/inflammation in bone marrow/gut. we give him antibiotics and pain killers and he seems happy but very lazy, and doesn't drink a lot. He eats decently though and managed to jump in my chair now, but mostly if he walks he just walks for two seconds then lays down again
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with cats and dogs. I'm really sorry to hear that your kitty has been so ill. This sounds like a complicated medical case. It would be really helpful if you could attach us copies of the blood work as well as list for us the medications that he's currently taking. Have you seen any improvement since he began his treatment?

Thanks and I'll await your reply

~Dr. Sara

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have his blood work and we didn't get any "treatment" I think, just "high-grade protein animal feed" and he said theres not really any hope but "cats have 9 lives" but that it's very unlikely he will get better.
We give him 1 1/2 Synulox twice a day for 5-7 days since Monday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh and also painkillers once a day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also that his bone marrow is failing

I am so sorry to hear that about your cat. Did they offer to do a bone marrow biopsy, since they think the problem is in his bone?