Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Been to the vet - is 15 years old and is on thyroid

Customer Question
Been to the vet...

Been to the vet - is 15 years old and is on thyroid medication now for almost two weeks and the last two days he has been vomiting and it smells like poop and he is not eating and not pooping

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. I have three cats myself, so I know how you must feel right now. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?

Canonball

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Canonball?

No - he's a great cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Got it. Do you think this is urgent?

I don't know - is it serious and why does the vomit smell so bad. He's always been throwing up but always okay. This smells awful

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/26/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago
Drhollowayvet

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** and I am licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question, but first I would like to ask you a few questions so that I am well informed about your pets’ situation and can give you the best advice possible.

Cat Veterinarian: Drhollowayvet,
 replied 2 years ago

What does the vomit consist of? Also when was the last time Canonball ate a meal?