Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat was lethargic days and one eye remained closed. Thought…

Customer Question
Cat was lethargic for two...
Cat was lethargic for two days and one eye remained closed. Thought it just might be the end of his time, he's 17. But his appetite and stools stayed the same. He now seems to have his energy back, but the one eye remains closed. There is no discharge. Besides the closed eye, the only other change is that he's resting in higher places: tables, desks, top of a couch back. What should I do about the eye?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Did he have any sneezing, coughing, breathing changes or congestion?

Can you open the lids to look at the eye? Any clouding or hazing of the clear corneal cover?

Does the pink conjunctiva around the eye look swollen, red or inflammed?